Completion of the Stage I of the project outline collection process under “Local development“ Programme.
July 22nd, 2019, the Stage I of the “Local development“ Programme call for proposals – project outline collection was completed. By the end of July 24th 2019, the Programme Operator received around 200 project outlines, however this value may change, because documents sent by post may reach the Ministry headquarters by August 5th 2019. Process of registration and formal assessment of the documents is currently under way. Programme Operator will contact directly each applicant in this matter.
Announcement of the call for proposals
MINISTRY OF INVESTMENT AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF POLAND ANNOUNCES OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS (PROJECT OUTLINES) under the "LOCAL DEVELOPMENT" Programme, financed from the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014 - 2021.
The call is dedicated to Polish municipalities with the status of a city, listed on the list of 255 cities indicated in the Strategy for Responsible Development.
Objective: Call aims to support small and medium-sized towns in developing and implementing a balanced and systemic approach to local development, and thus to reducing negative development phenomena and increasing the standard of living of their residents.
Thematic scope: Projects will provide for strategic, integrated and comprehensive management of the town, aimed at improving the situation of residents, among others in the field of broadly understood environmental protection (including effective and clean energy, sustainable transport), social policy (including poverty reduction, accessibility, housing policy, social innovation, employment, health, education, social participation) and support of the local labor market and entrepreneurship. Projects will also aim to increase the level of competence, the quality of services provided and the responsibility of local public administration, contributing to building citizens' trust in local authorities as institutions administering local development.
Bilateral aspect: As one of the objectives of the EEA and the Norwegian Financial Mechanisms 2014-2021 is to promote bilateral relations, the projects will also aim to support bilateral cooperation with Donor Countries, i.e. Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Project results: the obligatory project objectives and outcomes are defined in the Rules of procedure of the open call and selection of projects proposals (hereinafter referred to as the Rules of procedure).
Total amount available for the call: EUR 102 647 058
Project financing: funding for the project is from EUR 3 to 10 million. The financing level is up to 100% of eligible costs.
Eligibility of activities and expenditures under the call are determined in the Chapter 8 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and the Regulation on the Implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation). Detailed provisions on the payment model are contained in the Rules of procedure.
Date of cost eligibility: until April 30th, 2024.
Procedure of projects selection for funding consists of II stages:
- Stage I (current) - open call for project outlines and selection of around 50 towns,
- Stage II - selection of about 15 projects for funding.
Selection process and the decision-making structure are described in the Rules of procedure and in the Rules for formal evaluation constituting Attachment 6 to the Rules of procedure. Detailed selection criteria are contained in the Formal evaluation grid for the Project outlineand the Content-related evaluation grid for the Project outline, constituting Attachments 4A and 4B to the Rules of procedure.
The way of submitting project outlines: Project outline should be submitted in Polish and in English (one copy each) in written or electronic form, in accordance with the template constituting Attachment 2 to the Rules of procedure.
In writing (in paper form) the project outline should be submitted in person, sent by post or courier to the address of the Program Operator's seat: Ministry of Investment and Economic Development, Department of Assistance Programmes, Wspólna 2/4, 00-926 Warsaw.
In electronic form, the project outline should be sent on the ePUAP platform to the electronic mailbox of the Ministry of Investment and Economic Development.
The following dates are considered as the date of receipt to the Programme Operator:
- date of posting (date of postmark) - only in the case of posting in the Polish post office of the designated operator within the meaning of the Act of November 23, 2012 - Postal Law, whereas the outline / complete project proposals submitted to the Program Operator's seat mentioned above within 14 days from the date of completion of the 1st and 2nd stage of recruitment respectively, will be considered as submitted on time;
- in the case of submitting in person, sending via another postal operator than the designated operator, referred to in point. 1) or by courier - date of receipt to the Programme Operator's office;
- in the case of sending on the ePUAP platform - the date of receipt on the electronic inbox of the Ministry of Investment and Economic Development.
The deadline for submitting projects is 22 July 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
Detailed information on the rules and scope of the call can be found in the Rules of procedure of the open call and selection of projects proposals, which, along with the list of attachments, is available on the website https://www.eog.gov.pl/strony/zapoznaj-sie-z-funduszami/rozwoj-lokalny/.
Questions can be submitted by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 22 273 78 36 or 22 273 77 91 no later than 7 working days before the submission deadline. Questions raised in this timeframe along with the relevant answers shall be published on the above website up to five working days before the submission deadline.All documents, including the Regulation and guidelines adopted by the Financial Mechanism Committee, relevant for this call for applications, are available on the website www.eog.gov.pl.
Rules of Procedures for the Open Calls for Proposals (DOCX 836 KB)
- Annex 1 List of 255 Towns (PDF 105 KB)
- Annex 2 Project Outline Template (DOCX 756 KB)
- Annex 3 Complete Project Proposal Template (PDF 58 KB)
- Annex 4a Formal evaluation grid (DOC 774 KB)
- Annex 4b Content related evaluation grid (DOCX 771 KB)
- Annex 5 Project contract template (DOC 873 KB)
- Annex 5 to the contract. Project implementation report template (DOC 810 KB)
- Annex 6 Rules for formal evaluation (DOC 778 KB)
- Annex 6 to the Contract. Protocol of Statutory Auditor (DOCX 773 KB)
- Annex to the CPP - detailed project budget (XLS 54 KB)