The Minister of Climate and Environment, as the Operator of the "Environment, Energy and Climate Change" Programme, invites for submitting project concept notes under the call "Construction of an installation for the production of fuel from wood and agro biomass in the form of pellets", financed by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2014-2021.
The main objective of the call is to improve energy security and reduce energy poverty in municipalities. This goal is to be achieved by using local biomass to produce fuel for energy poor households and replacing social assistance offered to these households in the form of coal fuel with fuel in the form of pellets, which will come from locally available agricultural and forest biomass.
Priority will be given to pilot and innovative projects implemented in municipalities with a high energy poverty rate and with a high local potential of energy in the form of agricultural and forest biomass, enabling a permanent fuel supply.
Projects involving the launch of pellet production are eligible for co-funding, including:
- purchase of an installation for the production of fuel in the form of pellets, produced from local agricultural and forest biomass;
- purchase of equipment necessary for pre-treatment / preparation of agricultural and forest biomass for pellet production;
- construction of rooms for storing and drying raw material for pellet production;
- construction of rooms for the storage of pellets;
- construction of premises for roofing installations and securing production.
The date and method of submitting project concepts / applications for co-funding:
- date of announcing the call for project concepts – October 12, 2020
- the starting date for accepting project concepts from applicants – November 9, 2020
- deadline for accepting project concepts from applicants – January 8, 2021 at 15:00
- planned date of announcing the call for applications for co-funding – March 2021
Detailed information about the deadline for submitting applications for co-funding will be posted on the websites of the Ministry of Climate and Environment and the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management.
More information is available on the website of the Ministry of Climate and Environment.